Re: BUG #17580: use pg_terminate_backend to terminate a wal sender process may wait a long time

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 巨鲸 <13207961(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #17580: use pg_terminate_backend to terminate a wal sender process may wait a long time
Date: 2022-08-15 04:02:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 11:27 AM 巨鲸 <13207961(at)qq(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Masahiko,
> I think maybe you should use filter-tables to filter the test table, likes:
> filter-tables="public.test666"

Thanks, I could reproduce this issue with the option. And I've
confirmed this issue exists also in the latest minor version, 10.22,
and HEAD.

If the plugin filters out all changes, there is no place to check the
interruptions. So I think it makes sense to add CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS
to the main loop of processing logical change. It would be better to
do that on the core, rather than the plugin side. I've attached the
patch. I think we should backpatch to 10.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Add-CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS-in-logical-decoding-s-pr.patch application/x-patch 1.1 KB