Re: DROP SUBSCRIPTION hangs if sub is disabled in the same transaction

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Arseny Sher <a(dot)sher(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2017-09-06 06:28:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 11:43 PM, Arseny Sher <a(dot)sher(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> Arseny Sher <a(dot)sher(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> writes:
>
>> Attached patch fixes this by stopping workers before RO drop, as
>> already done in case when we drop replication slot.
>
> Sorry, here is the patch.

I could reproduce this issue, it's a bug. Added this to the open item.
The cause of this is commit 7e174fa7 which make subscription ddls kill
the apply worker only when transaction commit. I didn't look the patch
deeply yet but I'm not sure the approach that kills apply worker
before commit would be good.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada