Logical replication launcher uses wal_retrieve_retry_interval

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Logical replication launcher uses wal_retrieve_retry_interval
Date: 2017-04-14 10:57:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I noticed that the logical replication launcher uses
wal_retrieve_retry_interval as a interval of launching logical
replication worker process. This behavior is not documented and I
guess this is no longer consistent with what its name means.

I think that we should either introduce a new GUC parameter (say
logical_replication_retry_interval?) for this or update the
description of wal_retrieve_retry_interval. IMO the former is better.

Thought?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada