Re: LOCK TABLE is not allowed in a non-volatile function

From: Eliot Gable <egable(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LOCK TABLE is not allowed in a non-volatile function
Date: 2012-04-17 22:02:42
Lists: pgsql-general

No, I have lots of calls to current_timestamp inside volatile functions
which lock tables without complaints. I am beginning to think I hit some
sort of bug. This is PostgreSQL 9.0.1.

--
Eliot Gable

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors: we borrow it from our
children." ~David Brower

"I decided the words were too conservative for me. We're not borrowing from
our children, we're stealing from them--and it's not even considered to be
a crime." ~David Brower

"Esse oportet ut vivas, non vivere ut edas." (Thou shouldst eat to live;
not live to eat.) ~Marcus Tullius Cicero