SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: nondeterministic collations are not supported for LIKE

From: Jeff Lanzarotta <jeff(dot)lanzarotta(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: nondeterministic collations are not supported for LIKE
Date: 2019-10-24 15:02:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Not sure if my original email was actually received or not. If it was,
forgive the repost...

I have a question about nondeterministic collations in PostgreSQL 12. I
have created a new collation that is nondeterministic and created several
columns which use this collation. Querying these columns works great until
I use LIKE. When I do, I get the following error:

SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: nondeterministic collations are not supported for
LIKE

Is there any plan to allow this functionality?

Thanks,