Re: Need Help On Upgrade

From: Johnathan Tiamoh <johnathantiamoh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need Help On Upgrade
Date: 2023-07-11 14:16:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello KK,

In the beginning, it was a little challenging, but as the process went on
it became easy. No, it was not a multistage upgrade. It was possible to
upgrade straight from 9.5 to 14.

We did not change anything on the schema. For data type, we alter all
tables that were created with OIDs to remove the OIDs. We remove all data
with abs time ( absolute time). We equally remove all data with
sql_identifier. We also created a script to check for unknown data type and
another to remove them.

For documentation, we did not use any specific documentation. We just
followed postgresql documentation on upgrading. We created our one plan
and steps based on our clusters, ensuring we can safely roll back in case
of any challenges.

Thank you.
Johnathan T