Re: A Timeseries Case Study: InfluxDB VS PostgreSQL

From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: Fabio Pardi <f(dot)pardi(at)portavita(dot)eu>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A Timeseries Case Study: InfluxDB VS PostgreSQL
Date: 2018-09-07 11:08:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Interesting and useful article, Fabio. I'm actually quite curious about
your evaluation of MongoDB & Postgres. I've been operating under the
opinion that MongoDB has been obsoleted in every respect by Postgres and am
curious as to whether there are any credible use cases where, given the
opportunity to choose from the beginning which technology to build a new
product on, I would ever select MongoDB over Postgres given the choice
between them.

best regards,

- - Ben Scherrey