Re: Inconsistencies between pg_settings and postgresql.conf

From: Adrian Escoms <adescoms(at)ongres(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inconsistencies between pg_settings and postgresql.conf
Date: 2017-09-13 15:50:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I realized that the parameter 'shared_preload_libraries' used to belong to
category 'Resource Usage / Kernel Resources' but since postgresql version
9.4 it was changed in pg_settings to 'Client Connection Defaults / Shared
Library Preloading' but in postgresql.conf it remains unchanged.
I attach the updated postgresql.conf.sample.diff with this change.

Regards

Adrián Escoms

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Adrian Escoms <adescoms(at)ongres(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are working with postgresql.conf configuration file and we have found
> some discrepancies between it and pg_settings in terms of categories and
> subcategories (we have split the field category in pg_settings by '/', the
> first part being 'category', the second 'subcategory')
> We suggest to change the postgresql.conf.sample file with the attached
> diff to resolve these inconsistencies.
> We think that these changes could also be backported to previous
> versions.
>
> Looking forward to your comments,
>

> Adrián Escoms

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.conf.sample.diff text/plain 3.5 KB