Re: Misdesigned command/status APIs for parallel dump/restore

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Misdesigned command/status APIs for parallel dump/restore
Date: 2016-09-27 17:29:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This patch also applied with minor offsets, compiled without
warning, and passes regression tests, including `make check-world`
with TAP tests enabled. It looks good to me, presenting a cleaner
API.

I really want to get this to the point where we can dump and
restore nested materialized views better, and this doesn't get us
to the point where that's immediately possible; but with a cleaner
API it should be easier to get there, so this is a step along the
way.

Setting to Ready for Committer.

--
Kevin Grittner