Vacuum problems with 9.1

From: Nimesh Satam <nimesh(dot)zedo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Vacuum problems with 9.1
Date: 2012-08-28 04:33:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

We have been using the current version of postgres i.e. 9.1.4 with
streaming replication on. While vacuuming we noticed that certain dead rows
are not getting removed and following debug information is printed:

"DETAIL: 12560 dead row versions cannot be removed yet."

As per suggestion, we made sure that no long running transactions are
active. Also all the applications were stopped during this time.

Can anybody highlight the possible reason for the dead rows not been
cleaned?

FYI: We used the command VACUUM FULL ANALYZE VERBOSE table_name; command.

Regards,
Nimesh.