RE: BUG #16461: Segfault in autovacuum process

From: Michael Schanne <michael(dot)schanne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: BUG #16461: Segfault in autovacuum process
Date: 2020-08-18 16:06:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

I wanted to close the loop on this... after seeing a few other processes
mysteriously segfault on the same machine, I ran a memory test (memtest86+)
which found 2 bad memory addresses. I replaced the RAM and had no more
issues with processes segfaulting. So, this was a hardware issue, not a
bug in postgresql.

Thanks,
Mike