Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"

From: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"
Date: 2014-03-12 03:20:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So I'll admit to using it, only in "toy" setups...

I use it with trust and ident, on local connections though, not password....

I try to keep my laptops clean of mysqld, and I use PG. And only on my
laptop/PC, I make a database for every user... And every "app" get's a
userid, and a schema.... Every user get's passwordless access to their
database. And the "userid" associates the app, and the defaults that get
used on their connections.

So, I think it's "neat", but wouldn't be put out if it was removed ...

--
Aidan Van Dyk Create like a god,
aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca command like a king,