Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling

From: Jerry Jelinek <jerry(dot)jelinek(at)joyent(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling
Date: 2018-07-20 21:50:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to change the name of the tunable or to
update the man page in any way. I have already posted an updated patch
with changes to the man page which I think may address your concerns there,
but please let me know if that still needs more work. It looks like Kyotaro
already did some exploration, and tuning the min/max for the WAL size won't
solve this problem. Just let me know if there is anything else here which
you think I should look into.

Thanks again,
Jerry