Re: PostgreSQL 13 Beta 1 Release Announcement Draft

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 13 Beta 1 Release Announcement Draft
Date: 2020-05-21 04:12:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Jon,

I noticed a couple minor inconsistencies:

".datetime" -> elsewhere functions are formatted as `.datetime()`

libpq -> `libpq`

The link to the release notes on its own line is the same as the
inline link, if that makes sense. In other places with links on their
own line, the full URL is in the link text.

Also, for "indexes that contain many repeat values", "repeated" might
sound better here. It's one of those things that jumped out at me at
first reading, but when trying both in my head, it seems ok.

Regarding "streaming `pg_basebackup`s", I'm used to the general term
"base backups" in this usage, which seems a distinct concept from the
name of the invoked command.

Thanks!

--
John Naylor https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/