Re: Delay locking partitions during INSERT and UPDATE

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Delay locking partitions during INSERT and UPDATE
Date: 2019-01-24 21:34:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 4:17 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I can still see about the same performance as before (on both clusters).

Thanks for checking! I think the thing to do now is have a committer
look at it. It's a small patch with obvious performance effects --
there's just the question of whether the locking behavior with
concurrent DDL is as safe as it is now.

Anyone have anything else?

--
John Naylor https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/