Re: Cached/global query plans, autopreparation

From: "henry(at)visionlink(dot)org" <henry(at)visionlink(dot)org>
To: Shay Rojansky <roji(at)roji(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cached/global query plans, autopreparation
Date: 2018-02-14 17:38:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

​Coming from a PHP application I have several of the same concerns and
wishes​. Given that php can not share any (resources) between requests it
would be impossible to accomplish what you have in .NET. We still prepare
statements though for use in result sets and other loops (ORM driven). I'm
wondering if it is possible to solve this as an extension to postgres? If
Citus could refactor their code into an extension surly this is simple in
comparison. I would be willing to help but PHP has made me soft, so it
will take a bit longer.

Thanks,

Chet Henry