Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage

From: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com, mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage
Date: 2012-02-21 10:44:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> > - PQskipResult(conn, true) makes all consequent PQgetResult()'s
>> >  to skip all the rows.
>
> Well, Is this right?

Yes, call getResult() until it returns NULL.

>> > If this is right, row processor should stay also in PGresult
>> > context. PQskipResult() replaces the row processor in PGconn when
>> > the second parameter is true, and in PGresult for false.
>>
>> No, let's keep row processor only under PGconn.
>
> Then, Should I add the stash for the row processor (and needless
> for param) to recall after in PGconn?

PQskipResult:
- store old callback and param in local vars
- set do-nothing row callback
- call PQgetresult() once, or until it returns NULL
- restore old callback
- return 1 if last result was non-NULL, 0 otherwise

--
marko