ssl certificates with psql

From: Megan <nagemnna(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ssl certificates with psql
Date: 2013-06-27 12:51:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Good Day All!

I setup my postgres servers to allow certificate authentication. Right now
I have two database servers and one application server. Users are only
allowed to connect into the application server, invoke psql, then connect
into which ever database server they want. I have the keys and certs for
db server 1 in their .postgresql folder under their home and it works fine,
but i can't figure out how to properly setup the environment so that they
can connect into either db server with the keys. I tried to merge the
key/cert files in their .postgresql directory with info for both db servers
but that didn't work. I feel like there is an obvious solution to this
that I can't see. Any ideas?