Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver

From: "emergency(dot)shower(at)gmail(dot)com" <emergency(dot)shower(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver
Date: 2012-10-08 07:49:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Kris,

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:

> Can you show us the connection URL that you are using?

Other as stated before, only connection URLs with IPv4 Addresses were
involved in our tests.

> Are you using SSL?

No SSL.

> It appears that some of the 9.2 changes may require a DNS lookup that they
> didn't before and you might be getting a timeout there. Any DNS issues on
> your side?

Actually there are two distinct problems:

- a reverse lookup failure with a subdomain in the local network that
contains some of the test hosts, and

- a reverse lookup failure with hosts that are located in our DMZ.

The first seems to be repairable to me, for the second I don't know.

-Alex