Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]

From: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]
Date: 2024-01-19 00:50:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 3:43 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> > On 16 Jan 2024, at 02:53, Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 9:03 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se
> <mailto:daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>> wrote:
> > > On 15 Jan 2024, at 07:24, Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:
> wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:
> > Okay, I took the latest source off of git (17devel) and got it to work
> there in a VM.
> >
> > It appears this issue is fixed. It must have been related to the issue
> originally tagged.
>
> Thanks for testing and confirming! Testing pre-release builds on real life
> workloads is invaluable for the development of Postgres so thank you
> taking the
> time.

Daniel,
I did a little more checking and the reason I did not see the link MIGHT
be because EXPLAIN did not show a JIT attempt.
I tried to use settings that FORCE a JIT... But to no avail.

I am now concerned that the problem is more hidden in my use case.
Meaning I CANNOT conclude it is fixed.
But I know of NO WAY to force a JIT (I lowered costs to 1, etc. ).

You don't know a way to force at least the JIT analysis to happen?
(because I already knew if JIT was off, the leak wouldn't happen).

Thanks,

Kirk Out!
PS: I assume there is no pg_jit(1) function I can call. LOL