Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

From: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date: 2023-04-08 02:40:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 6:29 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > The %T added to the PSQL Prompt is about 5 lines of code. Reviewed and
> > Ready to commit.
> > That could knock one more off really quickly :-)
>
> I'm still objecting to it, for the same reason as before.
>
> regards, tom lane

Tom,
I got no response to my point that the backquote solution is cumbersome
because I have to use* psql in both windows*
*and in linux environments* (realizing I am the odd duck in this group).
But my fall back was a common script file. Then I shared my
psqlrc file with a co-worker, and they ran into the missing script file.
[ie, the same command does not work in both systems].

I won't argue beyond this point, I'd just like to hear that you
considered this final point...
and I can move on.

Thanks, Kirk