Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible

From: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible
Date: 2024-03-18 10:01:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 3:09 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> wrote:

> On 14.03.24 01:26, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > -EventTriggerSupportsObjectClass(ObjectClass objclass)
> > +EventTriggerSupportsObject(const ObjectAddress *object)
> >
> > The shortcut introduced here is interesting, but it is inconsistent.
> > HEAD treats OCLASS_SUBSCRIPTION as something supported by event
> > triggers, but as pg_subscription is a shared catalog it would be
> > discarded with your change. Subscriptions are marked as supported in
> > the event trigger table:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/event-trigger-matrix.html
>
> Ah, good catch. Subscriptions are a little special there. Here is a
> new patch that keeps the switch/case arrangement in that function. That
> also makes it easier to keep the two EventTriggerSupports... functions
> aligned. Also added a note about subscriptions and a reference to the
> documentation.

select relname from pg_class where relisshared and relkind = 'r';
relname
pg_database
pg_db_role_setting
pg_tablespace
pg_auth_members
pg_shdepend
pg_shdescription
pg_replication_origin
pg_shseclabel
pg_parameter_acl
(11 rows)

EventTriggerSupportsObject should return false for the following:
SharedSecLabelRelationId
SharedDescriptionRelationId
DbRoleSettingRelationId
SharedDependRelationId

but I am not sure ReplicationOriginRelationId.