Re: SQL:2011 application time

From: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL:2011 application time
Date: 2023-09-25 04:52:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 10:50 AM Paul Jungwirth
<pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com> wrote:

> On 9/17/23 20:11, jian he wrote:
> > small issues so far I found, v14.
>
> Thank you again for the review! v15 is attached.

hi. some tiny issues.
IN src/backend/utils/adt/ri_triggers.c

else {
appendStringInfo(&querybuf, "SELECT 1 FROM %s%s x",
pk_only, pkrelname);
}
should change to

else
{
appendStringInfo(&querybuf, "SELECT 1 FROM %s%s x",
pk_only, pkrelname);
}

----
It would be better, we mention it somewhere:
by default, you can only have a primary key(range_type[...],
range_type WITHOUT OVERLAPS).

preceding without overlaps, all columns (in primary key) data types
only allowed range types.
The WITHOUT OVERLAPS value must be a range type and is used to
constrain the record's applicability to just that interval (usually a
range of dates or timestamps).

"interval", I think "period" or "range" would be better. I am not sure
we need to mention " must be a range type, not a multi range type".
I just `git apply`, then ran the test, and one test failed. Some minor
changes need to make the test pass.