Re: Moving a large DB (> 500GB) to another DB with different locale

From: "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
To: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Moving a large DB (> 500GB) to another DB with different locale
Date: 2016-01-15 13:33:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
wrote:

> På torsdag 14. januar 2016 kl. 00:34:51, skrev Jim Nasby <
> Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>:
>
> On 1/13/16 2:39 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> > Where can I find more info about how to use and configure pg_logical to
> > replicate a 9.4 DB to 9.5?
>
> http://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/
>

> Thanks, I found detailed instructions in
> /usr/share/doc/postgresql-9.5-pglogical/README.md.gz
> Any chance of putting in online?
>
> I see that wal_level = 'logical', and that is a problem for us as we
> already use wal_level = 'hot_standby' on this installation as it replicates
> to another server.
>
> Is it possible to use pglogical together with hot_standby
> streaming-replication?

Well, the wal_level change is just a matter of database restart: you got to
do that once in a while anyway, e.g. for minor version updates. I would
expect you only need this wal_level on the walsender side, thus for
pglogical_output, the logical decoding plugin.

--
Alex