Re: cutting down the TODO list thread

From: Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Date: 2020-10-28 09:55:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 8:25 PM John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> As I mentioned in [1], I've volunteered to clear out the TODO list of
> items that appear to be too difficult, controversial, or otherwise not
> worth doing to warrant being listed there. I'll be working a few sections
> at a time, and every so often I'll have a list of proposed items for
> removal. If I don't hear objections, I'll remove the items after a few days
> while going through the next set.

I'm totally on board with cleaning the list up, but how about marking as
"won't fix" (or similar) instead of actually removing the items? That
should help to prevent the same exact items from appearing on the list
again, which they eventually would, I believe.

--
Alex