Re: unexpected result from to_tsvector

From: "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dmitrii Golub <dmitrii(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Artur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: unexpected result from to_tsvector
Date: 2016-03-29 16:17:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de> writes:
> > On Mar 20, 2016 01:09, "Dmitrii Golub" <dmitrii(dot)golub(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >> Alex, actually subdomain can start with digit,
>
> > Not according to the RFC you have linked to.
>
> The powers-that-be relaxed that some time ago; I assume there's a newer
> RFC. For instance, "163.com" is a real domain:
>
> $ dig 163.com
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;163.com. IN A

Hm, indeed. Unfortunately, it is not quite easy to find "the" new RFC,
there was quite a number of correcting and extending RFCs issued over the
last (almost) 30 years, which is not that surprising...

Are we going to do something about it? Is it likely that relaxing/changing
the rules on our side will break any possible workarounds that people might
have employed to make the search work like they want it to work?

--
Alex