Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries

From: "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries
Date: 2016-03-18 08:46:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Shulgin, Oleksandr
> <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de> wrote:
> >
> > You mean change context name and correct the comment? I didn't suggest
> > change the function name.
>
> Changed the context name and the comment only.

Check.

+} lookup_hba_line_context;
^^^^^ but why TAB here?

> >> How about adding keyword_database and keyword_user columns to listing
> >> out the keywords. These columns will be populated only when the hba
line
> >> contains any keywords.
> >

> > Hm... that could work too.
>
> Here I attached patch with the added two keyword columns.

+ if (!tok->quoted && strcmp(tok->string, "all") == 0)

token_is_keyword(tok, "all") ?

> During the testing with different IP comparison methods like 'samehost' or
> 'samenet', the address details are not displayed. Is there any need of
> showing the IP compare method also?

Do you mean return "samehost/samenet/all" in the yet another
keyword_address out parameter or something like that?

--
Alex