Re: main.log file not being updated

From: Anson Abraham <anson(dot)abraham(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: main.log file not being updated
Date: 2013-01-24 18:36:07
Lists: pgsql-general

#log_destination = 'stderr'
#logging_collector = off

It was when it was restarted that this didn't start logging. To restart is
an option, but one I'd like to avoid.

It's 9.0 on debian squeeze.
init.d/postgres start

It was writing before. Just stopped after the last restart or rather
reload of the config file. Also when I did an LSOF of the file, nothing
was locking it ... ie usually postgres would be the one, but not in this
case.