Re: PATCH: Add Table Access Method option to pgbench

From: Michel Pelletier <michel(at)supabase(dot)io>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Add Table Access Method option to pgbench
Date: 2022-07-13 04:33:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 18:09, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 10:06:49AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > And the conclusion back then is that one can already achieve this by
> > using PGOPTIONS:
> > PGOPTIONS='-c default_table_access_method=wuzza' pgbench [...]
> >
> > So there is no need to complicate more pgbench, particularly when it
> > comes to partitioned tables where USING is not supported. Your patch
> > touches this area of the client code to bypass the backend error.
>
> Actually, it could be a good thing to mention that directly in the
> docs of pgbench.

I've attached a documentation patch that mentions and links to the
PGOPTIONS documentation per your suggestion. I'll keep the other patch on
the back burner, perhaps in the future there will be demand for a command
line option as more TAMs are created.

Thanks,

-Michel

> --
> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-options.patch text/x-patch 1.3 KB