looking for MySQL admin help

From: Chris M <sumwan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: looking for MySQL admin help
Date: 2011-10-13 20:47:58
Lists: pdxpug

I know this is a bit of a grey area for this list, but I know a lot of you
PDXPUG-ers also dabble on the dark side like me. My company has need for a
highly-skilled MySQL admin contractor.

I am still gathering details about time frame, length of contract, location
(I suspect this is flexible, though some travel to Santa Clara, Ca should be
expected), and compensation. I would like to vet any candidate before I
refer them because I will need to work with them directly.

There will certainly be a Non Disclosure Agreement involved and probably an
accompanying background check.

Here are the types of tasks the candidate should be able to handle with
little or no direction:
- Replication configuring and troubleshooting
- Server configuration
- Database creation and user management
- Backup and recovery processes
- Heavy load troubleshooting
- Schema design

In addition we value Perl / Bash fluency.

If you believe you are a good fit for this please contact me directly so we
can talk.

Thanks,

- Chris
sumwan(at)gmail(dot)com