Re: Where to store Blobs?

From: Jamesie Pic <jpic(at)yourlabs(dot)org>
To: Morris de Oryx <morrisdeoryx(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where to store Blobs?
Date: 2019-04-22 11:01:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for your feedback. In my case, Bob the manager said this would "make
backups easier" xD

The general pro that I see is "transactional". While I can understand that,
it's irrelevant in our case: users upload files through AJAX, that happens
**before** they submit the form. That means, the file gets saved in an HTTP
exchange that happens **before** the actual data insertion transaction.

As such, be careful too that this argument does not be irrelevant in your
case like it is in mine.