more suitable messages for analyze on hot standby.

From: Tomonari Katsumata <t(dot)katsumata1122(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: more suitable messages for analyze on hot standby.
Date: 2012-10-08 01:04:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I work with streaming replication and hot standby.
And I noticed that error message is not proper when I issue
ANALYZE command to standby.

-bash-3.2$ psql -c "analyze"
ERROR: cannot execute VACUUM during recovery
STATEMENT: analyze
ERROR: cannot execute VACUUM during recovery

ANALYZE command is not VACUUM command.
I attached a patch revising the message.

-bash-3.2$ psql -c "analyze"
ERROR: cannot execute ANALYZE during recovery
STATEMENT: analyze
ERROR: cannot execute ANALYZE during recovery

This is not big problem, but error message should report
actual thing. please check it.

regards,

Tomonari Katsumata

Attachment Content-Type Size
analyze_message_on_hotstandby.patch application/octet-stream 623 bytes