Re: Collation versions on Windows (help wanted, apply within)

From: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Collation versions on Windows (help wanted, apply within)
Date: 2019-12-16 12:40:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 1:26 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:38 AM Peter Eisentraut
>
> Would you mind posting the full output of the above query (with <NULL>
> showing) on a Windows system after running initdb with the -v2 patch,
> so we can see how the collations look?

Sure, you can find attached the full output with ICU.

This is a resume to illustrate an issue with locale = 'C':

postgres=# CREATE COLLATION c_test (locale = 'C');
CREATE COLLATION
postgres=# select collname, collprovider, collencoding, collcollate,
collctype, collversion from pg_collation ;
collname | collprovider | collencoding | collcollate |
collctype | collversion
------------------------+--------------+--------------+------------------+------------------+-------------
default | d | -1 | |
| <NULL>
C | c | -1 | C |
C | <NULL>
POSIX | c | -1 | POSIX |
POSIX | <NULL>
ucs_basic | c | 6 | C |
C | <NULL>
und-x-icu | i | -1 | und |
und | 153.97
[... resumed ...]
c_test | c | 6 | C |
C |
(757 rows)

Shouldn't it be NULL?

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_collation.out application/octet-stream 76.7 KB