Re: Should MSVC 2019 support be an open item for v12?

From: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Should MSVC 2019 support be an open item for v12?
Date: 2019-05-21 21:53:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

El mar., 21 may. 2019 23:06, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escribió:

> Given the number of different people that have sent in patches
> for building with VS2019, it doesn't seem to me that we ought
> to let that wait for v13.

I am not so sure if there are actually that many people or it's just me
making too much noise about this single issue, if that is the case I want
to apologize.

We could treat it as something that
> we only intend to go into v12, or we could think that we ought
> to back-patch it, but either way it should be on the open-items
> page somewhere.

There is already one item about this in the commitfest [1].

> Of course, I'm not volunteering to do the work, but still ...

After all the noise I will help to review the patch.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha