Removing savepointLevel from TransactionState

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Removing savepointLevel from TransactionState
Date: 2011-09-29 03:17:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed that the savepointLevel member of TransactionStateData struct is
initialized to 0 from TopTransactionStateData, and never incremented or
decremented afterwards.

Since this is a file-local struct I think we can simply get rid of all
usages of this without any risk. I visited all the commits where this
variable was introduced/used/changed and could not find any point in history
where it was ever useful. Maybe I missed something, but looks like it is a
leftover from someone's forward-thinking.

Patch attached.

Regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh
EnterpriseDB Corporation

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove_savepointLevel.patch text/x-diff 3.0 KB