Re: Nice Quote from Celko

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Bernier <robert(at)pg-live(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nice Quote from Celko
Date: 2012-09-24 21:15:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Robert Bernier <robert(at)pg-live(dot)info>wrote:

> On Saturday, September 22, 2012 01:54:08 pm Gavin Flower wrote:
> > On 23/09/12 03:31, Richard Broersma wrote:
> > >
> > > "Developers are more likely to port SQL Server to Postgres because it
> > > is open source, supports more ANSI features, runs on more platforms,
> > > uses a different ACID model and has a great optimizer. "
> > >
> > > http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Stairway+Series/89991/
> > >
> > It wanted me to login to read it.
>

> Read it using elinks, that's what I did.

Well, I used wget on that link and was able to get the whole article, and
read it in my Firefox. I think sharing that HTML file here would be in
violation of their Terms of Use [1] , so can't share here.

Before the "Bottom Line" section, I got the feeling that Joe used reverse
psychology to show that Postgres is a better option in quite a few
circumstances.

I also posted a couple of corrections in discussion section (had to
register, though :), apart from what Richard had posted.

[1] http://www.sqlservercentral.com/About/Terms
--
Gurjeet Singh

http://gurjeet.singh.im/