Re: custom_variable_classes in 9.1

From: Marcin Krawczyk <jankes(dot)mk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: custom_variable_classes in 9.1
Date: 2012-02-29 10:04:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ok' ve got it, I've found some comment from Tom Lane on that:

"The whole custom-variable thing is being abused far beyond what the
facility was intended for, anyway. Rather than allowing variables to
spring into existence like magic, what we should have is some facility
for letting session-local variables be *declared*, complete with type
(int/real/string) and other info as needed. See the archives --- this
was discussed not too long ago."

Does anyone know if that has been accomplished in any way ?

As to login script, I can just do ALTER ROLE xxx SET name.value = 'unset'
which is all I've been asking for.

pozdrowienia
mk