Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark

From: Eric Svenson <esvenson74(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark
Date: 2014-11-28 13:35:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have done a backup of a postgres database on a virtual machine (Windows
8.1) using pg_dump.

On another (non-virtual) machine the restore (with psql) worked without
problems.

On the third virtual machine, however, the restore fails.

(ERROR: invalid input syntax for type double precision: 0.100000000001)

When I change the value in the sql file manually to 0,100000000001 the and
try again, the restore resumes until the next double value.

How is this possible? Does psql really expect comma-seperated decimal
values in the sql file? How can I change this behaviour?

Regards,
Eric Svenson