Re: adding a bdr node using bcv backup

From: "(Daniel Stolf)" <dstolf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: adding a bdr node using bcv backup
Date: 2016-01-21 10:34:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Craig, how are you?

Thanks for your answer. It doesn't seems too complex... Also, it's just a
test scenario, I don't intend to use as a production setup or to recommend
as such, at least not until I'm 100% sure I got it right...

So, assuming I get the snapshot right... The steps would be...

1) create replication slots on prior nodes before taking the snapshot (not
sure how to do that, which command would it be? );
2) take the snapshot;
3) bring it up on another server;
4) use bdr_init_copy

I'm not at work right now, but I remember two things...

On node 3 I brought up the copy, if I try get local node name, it says
node1, which is the node I got the copy from, ... Wouldn't I also have to
do something about that? Like, delete the previous information on bdr
database that went along?