Pause at end of recovery

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pause at end of recovery
Date: 2011-12-20 13:40:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

These days we have pause_at_recovery_target, which lets us pause when
we reach a PITR target. Is there a particular reason we don't have a
way to pause at end of recovery if we *didn't* specify a target -
meaning we let it run until the end of the archived log? While it's
too late to change the target, I can see a lot of usescases where you
don't want it to be possible to make changes to the database again
until it has been properly verified - and keeping it up in readonly
mode in that case can be quite useful...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/