Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time
Date: 2015-02-18 16:05:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> > What is required to get the New Patch superpower? I'm also in need of it.
>
> CCing Magnus... I am not sure myself, but I would imagine that the
> commit fest needs to be "Open" and not "In Process" to be able to add
> patches.

Sorry, I was out on a long travel day with lots of airplane time. I had
this thread on my watch list but hadn't time to fix it.

So the basic reason is that there was no Open commitfest available. Only
Commitfest Managers are allowed to "break the rules" and add patches to the
wrong commitfest - this is why Michael was able to do that, and pretty much
nobody else.

There's supposed to always be one open commitfest. Since none was added
when 2015-02 was switched to In Progress (probably because I didn't
actually tell Michael about it....), there was nowhere to post new patches.

I have fixed this now by creating 2015-06, which is open for submissions.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/