Re: BUG #16584: could not create relation-cache initialization file "global/pg_internal.init.2002": No space left

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: BUG #16584: could not create relation-cache initialization file "global/pg_internal.init.2002": No space left
Date: 2020-08-18 14:25:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 4:23 PM PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 16584
> Logged by: hema tb
> Email address: hema(at)crgroup(dot)co(dot)in
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.18
> Operating system: linux 64 bit
>
> I have taken the backup in the .bak format and I restored it to the new DB
> using command "psql dbname < filename.bak". after restoration I tried to
> connect the DB but I am getting this error "could not create relation-cache
> initialization file "global/pg_internal.init.5635": No space left on
> device". Anyway its connected and when i execute this \dt command, I got
> "No
> relations found" error.
> when I tried this command " GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public;" its
> throwing an error like could not access status of transaction 0 DETAIL:
> Could not write to file "pg_subtrans/00A1" at offset 139264: No space left
> on device.
>
> Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

The message seems to pretty clearly say you ran out of diskspace, either
volume or inodes. So you need to free up disk space and try again (you'll
need to do the restore over from the beginning at that point since you
likely have a partial restore -- which should've given you plenty of errors
in the psql step as well).

--
Magnus Hagander