Re: planning for perf farm app

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Mark Wong <mark(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: planning for perf farm app
Date: 2018-03-09 21:52:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <
stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:

> On 02/13/2018 10:58 PM, Mark Wong wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
>
> Hi Mark!
>

> > I've been making some progress on some perf farm stuff and I just wanted
> > to make sure I understand how to best work with the pg infrastructure
> > when (if) we get far along to deploy something.
>
> good to hear that progress is made on that front!
>

> > We're planning on having a django application for distributed clients to
> > be able to upload results, and for users to review results. Plus a
> > supporting postgres database. Similar to how the build farm is
> > structured.
>
> ok
>

> > So I'm wondering things like, should we stick to a particular django or
> > python version, proof things on a particular linux distro (debian
> > stretch?) and what not. And anything else we should be mindful of.
> > Thanks!
>
> Well the postgresql.org infrastructure is running debian stretch and all
> our current django applications are on django 1.8.18 in a custom (but
> internally packaged) virtualenv - we have not yet decided on what
> version we will move to next (because 1.8 will be EoS'd in April) but it
> will likely be an LTS version.

Just to keep you updated, we do now have fully supported 1.11 out in
production for a number of our sites, so that's the current target.

Currently we only do 1.11 on python2, we do not have a python3 environment
set up for it yet. 1.11 on py3 will be the next step following this one,
but we aren't quite there yet.

--
Magnus Hagander