Re: contrib/sslinfo cleanup and OpenSSL errorhandling

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: contrib/sslinfo cleanup and OpenSSL errorhandling
Date: 2020-11-02 14:19:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:20 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> > On 30 Oct 2020, at 00:40, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
>
> > There's quite a few copies of this code that look exactly the same,
> > except for the be_tls_get_* call. Do you see a way to have fewer copies
> > of the same code?
>
> There's really only two of the same, and two sets of those. I tried some
> variations but didn't really achieve anything that would strike the right
> balance on the codegolf-to-readability scale. Maybe others have a richer
> imagination than me.

Yeah, since it's only 2 of each, moving it to a macro wouldn't really
save a lot -- and it would make things less readable overall I think.

So I'd say the current version is OK.

One thing I noted was in the docs part of the patch there is a missing
comma -- but that one is missing previously as well. I'll go apply
that fix to the back branches while waiting to see if somebody comes
up with a more creative way to avoid the repeated code :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/