Re: Issue while connecting PostgreSQL 13 with Tableau 2020.3 & even applying COPY statement on PGAdmin

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Urmisha Patel <upp2134(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Issue while connecting PostgreSQL 13 with Tableau 2020.3 & even applying COPY statement on PGAdmin
Date: 2020-12-15 16:35:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 5:32 PM Urmisha Patel <upp2134(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Please help me in connecting PostgreSQL with Tableau.
>
> Error:
> An error occurred while communicating with PostgreSQL
> Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
> Error Code: 37CE01A3
> authentication method 10 not supported
>
> Unable to connect to the PostgreSQL server "localhost". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
>
> This is impacting the business. As a lot of data is in the database and Tableau makes it difficult to work.
> Please resolve it as soon as possible.
>
> For more details, I am sharing the screenshot of error generating while connecting with PostgreSql.
>
> I'm also facing problem in COPY statement while inserting multiple data via csv file in PGAdmin.
> Again, showing same error.
> "Access Priviledges"

This means you need to upgrade your driver to one that supports scram
authentication. You need client drivers (libpq) from PostgreSQL
version 10 or newer.

You can also downgrade the password security on your postgres
installation, but that's not recommended.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/