Re: pg_basebackup is not checking IDENTIFY_SYSTEM numbre of columns

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup is not checking IDENTIFY_SYSTEM numbre of columns
Date: 2012-01-20 13:00:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 22:00, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>>
>> No, no reason. Adding such a check would be a good idea.
>>

> ok. patch attached, it also adds a few PQclear() calls before
> disconnect_and_exit().

I don't think we need to care about all those PQclear() - it does an
exit() right after them anyway, so what's the point? (the disconnect
part is important of course, since otherwise we get a message in the
log on the server)

I've applied the patch without the PQclear()s, and changed it around
so that the error message shown is actually the same in all the
different places.

> btw, in BaseBackup() in line 1149 (after the patch is applied) there
> is an exit instead of disconnect_and_exit() and that is probably a
> typo too

It is, indeed. Fixed.

--
 Magnus Hagander