Re: Your review of pg_receivexlog/pg_basebackup

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Your review of pg_receivexlog/pg_basebackup
Date: 2011-10-31 18:08:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 08:46, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> Here's a version that does this. Turns out this requires a lot less
>> code than what was previously in there, which is always nice.
>>
>> We still need to solve the other part which is how to deal with the
>> partial files on restore. But this is definitely a cleaner way from a
>> pure pg_receivexlog perspective.
>>
>> Comments/reviews?
>
> Looks good.
>
> Minor comment:
> the source code comment of FindStreamingStart() seems to need to be updated.

Here's an updated patch that both includes this update to the comment,
and also the functionality to pre-pad files to 16Mb. This also seems
to have simplified the code, which is a nice bonus.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_receivexlog.patch text/x-patch 10.2 KB