pg_rewind vs superuser

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_rewind vs superuser
Date: 2019-04-03 09:28:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As pointed out by Michael Banck as a comment on my blogpost, the pg_rewind
documentation says it requires superuser permissions on the remote server.

Is that really so, though? I haven't tested it, but from a quick look at
the code it looks like it needs pg_ls_dir(), pg_stat_file() and
pg_read_binary_file(), all, of which are independently grantable.

Or am I missing something?

--
Magnus Hagander