Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default
Date: 2016-11-16 09:38:19
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

This seems to have broken our website build a bit. If you check
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/index.html, you'll notice a
bunch of bad characters.

AFAICT this is because the output is now UTF8 and it used to be LATIN1. The
current output actually has it in the html tags that it's utf8,but since
the old one had no tags specifying it's encoding we hardcoded it to LATIN1.

I assume we shall expect it to always be UTF8 from now on, and just find a
way for the docs loader script for the website to properly detect when we
switched over? Probably by just looking for that specific <?xml tag on the
first line.

Is this change something that might break something else, though?

//Magnus