Cascaded standby message

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cascaded standby message
Date: 2011-09-02 12:19:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From what I can tell, everytime I start a postmaster on HEAD (at least
when i've set wal_level=archive, and max_wal_senders > 0), I get the
message:
LOG: terminating all walsender processes to force cascaded standby(s)
to update timeline and reconnect

in the startup log.

This is long before I've connected any slaves or even considered
cascading standbys - seems this message is written unnecessarily?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/